If Only

My lover is in town

Wearing the latest designer; Bùbá and Sóró

Swallowing his rather thin frame

I wonder if those legs ever scream "not fair"

His hair cut is to die for

Two lone lanes on either side his head

Center top like the style of íwófá àdáwójoya

Curly clustered strands

(and this is how madness begins o)

 

The shoes are fancier

Glittery and spiky

With Ends finished off in ropes

You would think

It was forced off a porcupine

 

The Omidans are lined up

In the best of the best

Sányán; the Mother of clothes

Iyùn;  Chief of adornment

Atiike; the charming powder

But none catch his eye

For they are glued to someone else

The bride of a white man

For fate has sealed my fate

 

My one sided lover is in Town

With him a swagger

That can never go unnoticed

I would gladly oblige

Run off to a land where no one knows with him

If only he'd form the words

Rather than watch me sway my graceful hips

To the voice of the talking drums

If only he'd see beyond my facade

If only he'd see beyond

If only he’d see

If only he’d

If only

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS

On The Streets of Lagos....

On The Streets Of Lagos