The Sound Of Me Calling





Some days I dream Dreams
-Of me speaking in unknown tongues
Seeking connection to a power beyond my tiny brain.  The words from my tongue: ever so fervent. My own consciousness acknowledges the absence of any effort on my weakened vessel. And I wake up filled with satisfaction. Something I do not deserve.



Some days, I'm in and out of sleep. Whispering silent prayers, forming no actual words. Midway, I tell myself to speak up. For a silent lip is a busy heart.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I get lost in the wanderings of my own heart.  I’ m only human I conclude and one who has never failed to see the light of this World. Not at my lowest when my living had less value than filthy rags. 



On better days, I'm on my knees; openly loving you and feeling the warmth.
Wetting your extended hands with my tears because there's no one I'd rather share them with. Asking questions I'm not ready to have answered.  And you tell me; that However I do, whatever I say, all of your fancy in my existence is the sound of me calling.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS

On The Streets of Lagos....

On The Streets Of Lagos