STAY








Fate isn't fair,Sometimes,
Life reveals in ways,
We cannot begin to comprehend,



As fleeting as a day old babe,
Lost to the cold hands of death ,
As long as the invisiblity cloak,
That plays and cheat death at its own game,




You think you're alone,
Because I smile,
And cover up the creasing lines on my face with make up ,



Because I offer you no hand,
Not for lack of thoughtfulness,
Or hatred,
But in sheer despair ,



You don't know,
That like you,
I'm at the end of the rope,
At my wit's end,




Perhaps the thin line that makes us markedly different,
Is our point of views,
I want to give up - to,
Yet you want to give up on it all,



I can never claim to know how it feels,
For in despair,
I reach out to the loving hands of Hope,
A faith which knows no bounds,



I've never been in your shoes,
Never bore with you a bruise,
I have no real right-
To tell you, you'd be alright,




I may bleed words on paper through pain,
But all of it will be vain,
Because my duty isn't to satisfy my soul,
Or the voices in my head,




The sole purpose of mine,
The duty which I cannot decline,
Is to have no debt outstanding,
Except the debt of love with which I cry out,



That "You matter my friend, no matter the matter"
This World which now seem bleak,
Tongues that call you misfit,
Will only thrive with you in it ,




I need you dear one,
Not just for keeps,
I need you to survive,
To spread love and keep warm,




The ills of yesterday,
Go down the old drain,
Tomorrow comes,
With it, freedom that soothes your ache,




Tomorrow,
Is the voice,
With which you speak,
A love so sincere,



That you made it through the stormy night,
Held it down when you shouldn't have,
Shone in the dark,
Even when the skies were grey,




I want to at least share,
Be rather here when I could be somewhere else,
For there's still hope,
And love,
And faith,
And life itself,




Don't silently die from inside,
Or remain mute,
With sunken eyes,
Or just say "Hey T, I'm fine",




Tomorrow is another day to fight,
Another day to shine,
So I really need your help,
I need you to.......
.............Stay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS

On The Streets of Lagos....

On The Streets Of Lagos