Meta-Fys-Chyical





Eti-Osa: river bank
Amin: Amen
Oluweri: the river goddess (according to ancient yoruba folklore)
Olorun: God
Eledumare: A Yoruba name for the supreme being (God)
It was 7:00pm that fateful Sunday, when I left Oriental Hotels Eti-Osa to Sandfield bus stop to get a bus heading to Costain. I was at there for 30 minutes waiting for the bus when I suddenly felt a nudge on my back. I thought someone tapped me only to realize it was the breeze of the Osa River that blew across my shirt. Looking towards the river, I suddenly felt the urge to walk towards it. Like there was someone there beckoning at me.
I hesitated a while but then, my steps traced back to the bank of Eti-Osa. I suddenly felt the need to sit and enjoy the breeze of the river as it caressed my face like the tender palms of a 3-month-old baby.
The irresistible urge to talk to Eledumare gently nudged my stomach profoundly. A deep spiritual awareness that Oluwa was staring down lovingly at me, ready to answer any of my request. Caught up in a trance like state, lost in thoughts, revering in the calmness of Osa.
A tap on my shoulder jolted me out of my reverie. I was surprised to see an 80 year old woman smile at me; her teeth seemed to have gone with the tides of time, leaving only bits that summed up her old age. She told me she needed my help to make her sit beside me, while making a joke of how I had occupied her seat by the river bank.
I quickly apologized and made to stand so she could seat at her spot, but she declined and said, it was fine! She would gladly sit beside me.
https://mospotlight.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/images31227180054.jpg
There was something eerie about my new friend and seat companion. I suddenly felt so cold, and my body was shaking in heavy spasms. It was a deep metaphysical feeling but I didn’t really pay attention to it because I was more concerned about making Mama comfortable.
Mama Khadijah, as she introduced herself told me the spot I has taken was the same spot she sits on whenever she wanted to speak to Oluweri! She said she clocked 80 years a day earlier and she needed to come to Eti-Osa to thank Oluweri for sparing her life.
She went on and on about the amazing things Oluweri had done. When she had issues in her first marriage, Oluweri took away her pain and gave her a better man in her late husband. I never really understood what she meant by pain taken away and never asked!
Mama continued. She had 6 children and all of them left paid employment to start businesses for themselves. She advised that if I was a business man, it was the perfect time to ask Oluweri what I wanted!
I smiled and told her I don’t worship Oluweri but Eledumare. She laughed and told me Eledumare sent Oluweri to govern things in the water and beyond. She spoke of a pact made with Iyemoja to come to the river bank every day in appreciation of the goodness she had received.
The pact she had with Oluweri was to give her up as a part of Oluweris kingdom at the golden hour of a particular day when she clocks 80. But before further actions she wants to bless me because she felt the urge to. Mama asked me to kneel before her, and told me to make a wish. I told her I wished to see Iyemoja with the support of Olorun.
She smiled and patted the small of my back, the same way I felt a breeze wash over me when I was at Sandfield Busstop. Mama Khadija told me all the prayers I offered had been answered. I felt that deep shudder and cold yet again, and while I was saying Amin, Mama walked slowly into the river.
I wanted to scream for HELP but I was rooted to the spot, mouth sealed as I could only make a feeble cry. Mama Khadijah glided slowly towards the Osa River, and I saw two mysterious women come to the surface to pull Mama into the waters.
Beads of sweats broke from my face down my body and all of a sudden I stood up like I was in a trance and walked slowly towards Sandfield Bustop. A force beyond comprehension stayed with me till I entered into the next available bus to Costain. I checked the watch at that time, it was 11pm.
Have you had any metaphysical or supernatural experience? Share with ME!
Akham papa.
Akham papa is a Blogger, Writer/Rewriter, Political Critic, Online Composer and a Physcian. He's the CEO of www.akhampapa.me and an author on naijaloaded.com . A dear friend, inspiration and our very first feature.
Cheers mate.
Stay on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE STREETS OF LAGOS

On The Streets of Lagos....

On The Streets Of Lagos